Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and for the safety of our clients and staff, AtlasVet will not be allowing clients into the building. We have taken this precaution to prevent exposure for all and ensure we are able to socially distance.
Upon arrival we ask that you use one of the two designated areas while waiting for your appointment:
- Temporary Lobby on H St NE - You'll notice chairs, water bowls and signage with instruction outside 1326 H St NE.
- Parking Lot Behind AtlasVet - There are two alleys, one on 13th St NE and another on H St NE that lead to the back of AtlasVet. You'll see signs on our wooden gate that let you know where the back of our hospital is located. This location is recommended for anxious or noise averse pets as H Street NE is a very noisy street.
- Upon arrival, please call our clinic number 202-552-8600 and a Client Service Advocate (CSA) will let your appointment Technician know you have arrived.
- Prior to your appointment, you will have received a Medical History Form to fill out so that we have more complete information prior to your visit. This form streamlines the check in process and makes sure the doctor has a list of everything you want to address before your appointment.
- Your technician will then call you back to start your appointment. We ask that you keep your phone charged and close by throughout your appointment as well as keep the line open for staff to easily reach you.
- The technician will then come retrieve your pet and there will be minimal in person interaction. Please do not leave the premises after the technician has retrieved your pet. Our appointments are not “drop off” unless scheduled as such. It is difficult locating clients who leave and it creates a buildup of pets in the building as we quickly run out of space due to the volume of patients in the clinic.
- Your AtlasVet veterinarian will then perform an exam and, if needed, will review treatment decisions with you prior to proceeding.
- You will then be checked out by our Client Service Advocates over the phone (we will keep all credit card information secure) and your pet will be returned to you.
Please check the weather and dress accordingly. With earlier sunsets and colder temperatures, we highly recommend you drive and wait in your car if you have an appointment after 5pm.
All clients must wear a mask.
Due to communication being over-the-phone-only, appointments can take longer than usual. We are asking our clients to arrive on time to their appointment and please understand that if you arrive more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, we may ask you to reschedule. This has been our policy outside the pandemic, and is even more crucial to adhere to now to prevent additional wait-time.
AtlasVet has been experiencing an extremely high-volume of communications (phone calls, emails, prescription refill requests). Due to this high-volume, it may take up to 48-72 hours for an AtlasVet employee to return your non-urgent email, phone message, or prescription request. If your need is urgent, it is always best to call us and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Outside pharmacy requests may take up to 10 days for the company itself and AtlasVet to process. Insurance claim requests may take up to 14 days to process.
Our appointment slots are quite valuable given the current volume, and when a client “no shows” it prevents us from giving another client in need that spot. If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please let us know ASAP. If you have missed an appointment recently and did not contact us, you may be asked to provide a deposit which will be applied to your appointment invoice.
Our AtlasVet Team has been showing up and working under very stressful conditions for the entirety of the pandemic. Please be patient with us, and practice as much kindness as you can muster. We all care about your pets and want the best care for you and your furry family. Swearing at our staff or other forms of verbal abuse will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate termination of our relationship.